The ASD Website (www.raisingchildren.net.au/autism) has been developed through the Raising Children Network, which has created an additional ASD landing page as part of their existing website. The Raising Children Network is a site that provides information and support to parents of young children.
The Website provides an independent, non government avenue for finding information on ASDs. All the information on the site is carefully screened by RCN to ensure it accurate and up-to-date. The site provides:
• evidence based information articles e.g. What causes autism spectrum disorder (ASD)? How is autism spectrum disorder (ASD) diagnosed?
• a guide to ASD therapies, based on evidence based research
• a ’My Neighbourhood’ function that shows relevant ASD and other services in a local area
• a ‘pathways’ tool that assists parents to negotiate the complex service system
• available assistance in each state and territory
• a discussion forum for parents.